CARM Release 0: January 2021 – Complete
No change to external users of the system. The existing ARL system will be upgraded.
CARM Release 1: May 25 2021 – Basic Portal
Release 1 sees the launch of the CARM Client Portal (CCP) made available to importers and customs brokers.
Enrolled clients will be able to:
- view transactions posted to their accounts
- make payments by credit card or set up pre-authorized debit
- delegate portal access to employees and your customs broker to manage commercial import activities
- request and track the progress of rulings electronically
- classify goods and estimate duties and taxes
- register additional Business Account manager(s) to administer your Portal account
CARM Release 2: Spring 2022 – Full CARM Functionality
Release 2 will expand on the functionalities of the CARM Client Portal and be made available to all trade chain partners.
CBSA will introduce the following:
- Commercial and Accounting Declaration (CAD), which will replace the current customs coding form B3 and request for adjustment form B2
- Release Prior to Payment (RPP) program, which will require interested importers to post financial security through surety bond or cash before commercial release of their goods
- harmonized billing cycles to align payment due dates for importers, providing more time to make interest-free corrections
As of Release 2, all importers will need to be enrolled on the CARM Client Portal and financial security posted for those importers wishing to be part of the RPP program.
Visit CBSA’s CARM page for an overview of these initiatives.