Join an industry-leading customs brokerage with over 100 years of experience, knowledge, and success!
We are a family-owned and operated BC company, providing customs brokerage, freight, and consulting services since 1917. We help our clients navigate the rules and regulations of customs compliance, making their importing experience as seamless as possible. We serve a variety of industries, including: Steel, Coffee, Apparel, Food, Film & Entertainment, Hardware and Manufacturing.
Company paid medical, dental, eyecare, life and disability insurance
Complimentary on-site fitness facility
Company paid career development courses
Leadership to help you reach your full potential
Vancouver, Canada (In-Office, Remote, Hybrid)
Duties & Responsibilities:
We require immediate assistance in our Accounting Department. We seek a Junior Accountant who will be involved in the following:
- Entering vendor payables into our industry-specific ERP software system
- Monitoring AP status and issuing payments via cheque and EFT
- Communicating with internal and external parties to resolve payables discrepancies
- Reconciling of vendor statements to our internal Accounts Payable subledger list
- Processing customer payments in our ERP system.
- Processing credit card payments
- Collecting payments and managing credit controls via communicating with clients
- Monitoring the AR and credit control status of clients
- Handling daily deposits
- Reconciling bank statements with GL records
- Assisting with month end adjusting and accrual journal entries
- Participating in special and adhoc projects, as required
Education & Experience:
- Knowledge of accounting principles (ideally a major in accounting)
- Adaptable to learning new IT systems
- Strong work ethic and can-do attitude
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and results-driven
- Able to multi-task and problem solve
- Eager to grow and learn
- Good communication skills and a team player
We will offer pay that is commensurate with experience. We offer a hybrid work environment that is relaxed, friendly, and convenient to public transit.
You will be under the guidance of a fully accredited accountant where you can gain valuable experience.
If you are interested in joining our growing company, please forward your CV in confidence to Greg Herbert, CPA-CA at [email protected], or apply using the form below.
Can’t find the opportunity that fits best for you?
We’re always on the lookout for great candidates! Fill out the application form below and note the role that you’re most interested in pursuing. A member of our management team will get in touch as soon as they can.